The door design of the entrance of your dwelling is not only important from a functional perspective but it also manifests the tastes of the residents. As a result, most homeowners look for the best material for main door design. A teak wood main door design for houses is your best bet to serve this dual purpose with the added advantage of durability and stability.
Top teak wood main door design ideas you’ll love
In this teak wood main door design catalogue, we present both traditional and contemporary teak wood main door design so that you can choose the one that suits your taste and needs.
Door design #1: Wooden main double door designs Indian style
This beautifully carved teak wooden door design has a modern look that will garner everyone’s attention. Not only does it radiate elegance but it also has a solid build. So, go ahead and make your house safe and secure with this elegant teakwood main door design.
See also: Attractive front gate designs for houses
Door design #2: Chequered glass-panelled teak wood door design
This exquisite teak wood door design is carved to give a rectangular chic and symmetrical look. The side and top panels have a chequered glass design on the top half and wooden rectangles at the bottom, giving it a contemporary demeanour. If you are looking for a modern wood door design using teak, go with this style without a second thought.
See also: Door frame designs for your home
Door design #3: Burma teak wood door design
Burma Teak is considered one of the costliest in the world, due to its superior quality and durability. This traditional wooden door design for home looks graceful on Burmese teak due to its smoothly textured grains.
Door design #4: Designer glass-panelled teak main door
Teak wood door design with rich carvings and the designer glass panel are a visual treat for the onlookers. This teak wood door design goes beautifully with matching brick or tile work.
Also read all about Main door Vastu Shastra
Door design #5: Classical Arabian teak design
This beautiful Arabian style carving with an Ogee four-centred arch is for you, if you want a vintage look main door. The exquisite golden border at the bottom adds to its brilliant royal appeal to the main door design for home.
Door design #6: Traditional wooden main door with ornate idol design
This vintage wooden door design is perfect for those who love to flank their classical predisposition and is inspired by the southern Indian temple architecture. The idols are the traditional carvings commonly used in several south Indian motifs.
Door design #7: Teak door design for home with glass side panels
The carvings in this main wooden door design for home are inspired by foliage and project a taste for the pure and wild. Concurrently, the glass panels on both sides of the house door design sprinkle a touch of sophistication and modernisation.
Door design #8: Geometrical teak main door design
If you are looking for a trendy look for your home, check this wooden main door design is inspired by geometrical shapes and combines well with the unique circular handle for contrast.
Door design #9: Convergence of glass and teak for double door designs for main door
This confluence of teak and glass in your double door designs for main door spawns an alluring entrance for your guests. This combination with mosaic or frosted glass makes up as creative wooden main door designs Indian style.
See also: Room Door Designs for every part of your home
Door design #10: African teak wood main door design
African teak wood is another high-quality hardwood variety that is durable and needs minimal maintenance. This unique wooden door design is simple, yet, elegant.
Door design #11: Veneer teak main door design
Veneers are thin slices of wood used to cover the raw wooden door design. A teak veneer has all the properties of teak and boosts the strength and durability of your door even if you have used a lower quality wood variety. Using veneers on teak wood door design also look fab.
Door design #12: Flush main door design teak wood
There is nothing more graceful than simplicity! The reflective glass side panels accentuate the magnificence of this plain flush wooden door design. So, if simplicity is your style, opt for this main door design.
Now that you have looked at some of the top trending teak wood main door models, you can easily finalise the one you liked the most. However, before you do so, make sure that you buy genuine teak from an authentic source, because there are many counterfeit teak sellers in the market.
Door design #13: Accordion doors
Accordion doors are designed to save space as they function like bi-fold doors and can be opened by folding in sections. They are suitable for entryways and room partitions. Instead of traditional doors, go for these modern doors made of wood However, you can opt for other materials vinyl and plastic, but wood can help bring a classic appeal.
Door design #14: Bypass doors
Bypass doors are lightweight doors suited for interior. They are mounted in pairs of twos or threes and slide overlapping each other, along an axis on a parallel track. Check out this wooden door design for home.
Door design #15: Antique door design
Create a style statement by opting for an old door design. Antique wooden doors based on classic European or Italian architecture can be an excellent choice for transforming your home.
Door design #16: Textured panel door design
Pick a textured panel door design for a stunning entrance look. You can go for a simple door design in wood or choose a door with ornate designs as per your personal style.
Door design #17: Lighted panel door design
A teak wood main door with LED light fittings will give a grand look.
Door design #18: Square textured with teak side walls design
In addition to the main door, use of teak wood on side walls gives a grand look.
Door design #19: Double teak wood door design
This frosted glass teak wood design combined with the main teak wood door design gives a grand look.
Door design #20: Textured panel door design
Laser cut twin main teak wood door with security door makes for a statement piece.
Different types of teak wood main door design finishes
When it comes to teak wood main door design finishes, there is a wide range of options to choose from. Here are a few popular finishes:
- Olive green finish: This darker tone adds a unique touch to the entrance. Pair it with plants or creepers to enhance the overall look.
- Maroon finish: Incorporate gold accents to bring out the beauty of the maroon shade. This elegant and minimalist finish can give your door a European vibe.
- Orange finish: Opt for an orange finish to make a bold statement. Add white borders and silver touches to enhance the overall appearance.
- Purple finish: Unique colours like purple work well with carvings and oval-shaped doors. Consider adding a bronze-ish vibe for an exquisite look.
- Lime green finish: This vibrant shade adds a special dimension to your home’s appearance. Complement it with antique door knobs or hanging lamps for a stunning effect.
Teak wood main door design: Advantages
Some of the major advantages of choosing a teak wood main door design for your home include:
- Durability: Teak wood is a durable and long-lasting material that can withstand harsh weather conditions and resist warping, cracking, and rotting.
- Strength: Teak wood is a dense and strong material that can provide excellent security and protection for your home.
- Low maintenance: Teak wood requires very little maintenance and can be easily cleaned with a damp cloth or mild soap.
- Aesthetically pleasing: Teak wood has a beautiful natural grain that adds a touch of elegance and sophistication to any home.
- Resistant to insects and decay: Teak wood contains natural oils and resins that make it resistant to insects and decay, making it an ideal choice for exterior doors.
- Environmental sustainability: Teak wood is a sustainable and eco-friendly material that is harvested from responsibly managed plantations.
Teak wood main door: Disadvantages
It’s important to consider the disadvantages associated with teak wood when choosing a main door design. Here are some drawbacks to be aware of:
- Cost: Teak wood is known for its high cost compared to other types of wood. It is considered a premium wood, which can significantly increase the overall cost of the main door.
- Heavyweight: Teak wood is known for its density and heaviness. While this contributes to its strength, it can make the installation process more challenging, especially for larger or taller doors. Reinforcements may be required to handle the weight effectively.
- Availability: Due to its high demand and limited supply, finding quality teak wood for main door designs can sometimes be a challenge. It may require sourcing from specific regions or specialised suppliers, which can affect the availability and lead time.
Factors to consider when choosing a teak wood main door design
Selecting the right teak wood main door for your home involves careful consideration of various factors. Here are some key factors to keep in mind when making your decision:
- Durability and quality: Teak wood is known for its exceptional durability and longevity. Look for teak wood that is sourced from reputable suppliers and known for its high-quality. Ensure that the wood is well-treated and properly seasoned to enhance its strength and resistance to weathering.
- Design and style: The main door is not only functional but also contributes to the aesthetic appeal of your home. Consider the architectural style and overall design theme of your house when choosing a teak wood main door. Whether you prefer a traditional, contemporary or a fusion design, select a door that complements the overall look and feel of your home.
- Size and dimensions: Measure the dimensions of your entrance to determine the appropriate size of the main door. Consider factors such as the width, height and thickness of the door to ensure a proper fit. An ill-fitting door can compromise security and affect the overall appearance of your entrance.
- Security features: Your main door plays a crucial role in ensuring the security of your home. Look for teak wood doors that are sturdy and well-constructed, with features such as reinforced frames, strong hinges and reliable locking mechanisms. Consider additional security features like peepholes, door chains or smart lock systems for added protection.
- Maintenance requirements: While teak wood is relatively low-maintenance, it still requires periodic care to preserve its beauty and longevity. Consider the maintenance requirements of the door, such as cleaning, polishing and refinishing.
- Budget: Teak wood is known for its premium quality, which can make it relatively more expensive compared to other types of wood. Set a realistic budget for your main door project and explore different options within your price range. Remember to factor in installation costs and any additional features or customization you desire.
- Climate considerations: Teak wood is naturally resistant to moisture, but extreme weather conditions may require additional measures to protect the door. If you live in a humid or coastal area, consider applying suitable finishes or coatings that provide enhanced protection against moisture and salt air.
Teak wood main door: Maintenance tips
Teak wood main doors are known for their durability and beauty. To ensure that your teak wood main door maintains its quality and appearance, here are some essential maintenance tips:
- Regular cleaning: Clean the door surface regularly using a soft cloth or sponge and mild soap water. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners that can damage the wood.
- Polishing: Apply a high-quality teak wood polish or oil to nourish and protect the door’s surface. This helps to maintain its natural shine and prevents drying or cracking of the wood.
- Avoid moisture exposure: Protect the teak wood door from excessive moisture or direct sunlight. Use a door mat to prevent dirt and moisture from being tracked onto the door.
- Check for damage: Inspect the door periodically for any signs of damage, such as cracks, rot or insect infestation. Address these issues promptly to prevent further deterioration.
- Weather stripping: Ensure that the door has proper weather stripping to prevent drafts and moisture from entering your home. Replace worn-out weather stripping as needed.
- Regular inspections: Check the hinges, locks and handles for smooth operation. Lubricate them if necessary and tighten any loose screws.
- Refinishing: Over time, the door’s finish may fade or wear off. Consider refinishing the door surface to restore its original appearance. Sand the surface gently and apply a new coat of teak wood finish.
Common types of wood for main door design for house
Following are some of the best quality types of wood for main doors:
- Teak wood: This is one of the most common kinds of wood used to make window frames and doors in Indian homes. It is highly durable and equally easy to maintain.
- Sal wood: This is one of the strongest and heaviest types of wood used to design doors and windows. It is resistant to white ants, fungus and other kinds of infestations.
- Deodar wood: This is much lighter than teak wood but is comparatively stronger. It is easy to saw and can be easily used to construct doors with smooth finishes.
- Sheesham wood: This hardwood is also resistant to white ants, fungus and other kinds of infestations. It can also be easily sawn off to construct various door designs.
Vastu tips for main door design
Following are some of the most important Vastu tips you should keep in mind while choosing the main door design for your house.
- Vastu direction for main door: The main door of your house should be built to face the north-east, east, or north direction as they are considered lucky and believed to attract positive energy.
- Eliminate clutter: According to Vastu Shastra, the main door of your home should always be kept clean and free of any clutter. Make sure that the pathway into your home is tidy. Adorning it with pots and plants is also considered a good practice.
- Doormat: Keep a doormat at the main door of your house as it is believed to absorb all negativity and prevents dirt from entering your house.
- Nameplate: As per Vastu, you should install a nameplate on your main door’s exterior side. This is considered to bring prosperity, good health, and fortune.
- Main door decoration:In addition to keeping the main entrance area clean, avoid keeping broken furniture or dustbin near the main door. You can choose to decorate it with spiritual symbols like Swastika or Om. You can also make a rangoli outside the main door to attract positivity and happiness.
How do I identify the genuineness of the teak board I’m buying?
There are three things you should examine in the product you are buying. Firstly, check for its colour, which generally ranges from golden brown to yellowish-white for teak wood. However, if the seller has stained the wood, you will not be able to use this method. You can also look for its graining. Teak grains are straight and darker than the rest of the wood. Finally, the leather smell of its oil and the heavy weight of this wood are the final indications of its genuineness.
Does the teak door require special maintenance?
It does not require heavy maintenance but it can get discoloured with exposure to sun rays. The best way to protect it, is to coat it with teak oil which penetrates it well and preserves its upper coat. Cleaning it with bleach or vinegar can go a long way in keeping it safe from mold.
Which is the best teak wood for doors?
Burmese and African teak are the best for main doors.