Pantone has announced its 2017 color of the year: introducing Greenery! As noted on the Pantone website: “greenery is symbolic of new beginnings a refreshing and revitalizing shade.”
Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director of the Pantone Color Institute said: “Greenery bursts forth in 2017 to provide us with the reassurance we yearn for amid a tumultuous social and political environment. Satisfying our growing desire to rejuvenate and revitalize, Greenery symbolizes the reconnection we seek with nature, one another and a larger purpose.”
We think Greenery is the perfect choice for 2017 and would love to see it used, especially throughout the local homes we serve in New Jersey. Greenery is all around us, across Tatum Park in Middletown, the reservoir in Howell, and more.
Here are a few ways to incorporate this color into your home.
- Replace your existing curtains with greenery curtains.
- Add a greenery accent piece of furniture to any room such as Aico Furniture’s After Eight Left Arm Facing Chaise.. This is a statement piece that will brighten any room. It works especially well in living rooms and bedrooms.
- Paint one wall in your home green a green accent wall!
- Add some greenery to your front door steps.
- Put down a greenery throw run.
- Decorate your dining room table with a green centerpiece, such as a plant.
- Replace your bathroom towels with you guessed it greenery towels!
- Enjoy soothing cups of green tea and display the tea canister on your kitchen counter. Republic of Tea makes nice display containers.
- Give an old piece of furniture a new look. In this photo, hand painted a blank wood cabinet with some cave men figures over a greenery background. You could also paint the insides of an old bookcase in greenery to really make a statement.
- Fill a mason jar with green candies and display it on your kitchen counter.
- Swap out your bedroom comforter or sheets for this Pantone Color of the Year. We love this .
- Add a mat to your desk in shades of greenery for a pop of color and desk protection.
- Hang a painting in the color or have a greenery mural painted.
- Update your closet with some greenery clothing, shoes, and accessories.
- Add a plant to a green planter and display it on a windowsill.
- Pull out all your greenery beauty products. Display them in a clear bowl on your bathroom sink or on a shelf in your bathroom.
- Decorate one of your doors with a wreathe.
- Liven up your kitchen table with greenery placemats.
- Greenery throw pillows are a must. Change the look of your sofas with a few greenery throw pillows in different patterns and textures.
- Update your bathroom with a few greenery accent tiles.
- Or, liven up the look of your bathroom with a greenery shower curtain for a more temporary update.
Need some more ideas on how to use greenery in your home? Stop in any of our stores and ask to speak with one of our designers