Mumbai, known for being hot and muggy, has many water parks for cooling off. The Shangrila Water Park near the city is a perfect picnic option for weekends. The big water park is a favourite destination for people of all ages and provides services designed specifically for children, adults, and even senior citizens who want to relax.
See also: Suraj Water Park Thane: Fact guide
Shangrila Water Park: Timing and fees
The resort adjacent to the wate park is open 24/7. However, the water park is only open from 10 AM to 6 PM every day of the week. On the other hand, check-ins start at 11 AM, and check-out is at 10 AM. Numerous various picnic and overnight stay packages are available at Shangrila Resort and Water Park.
You will be charged Rs 700 per head for adults and kids over 4 feet tall if you simply want to visit the water park and the amusement park during the day. For kids between the heights of 3 feet and 4 feet, the charge is Rs 650 per person.
There is a special pricing of Rs 1,100 per person for adults and children above 4 feet in height for a day picnic that includes vegetarian meals. For children between the heights of 3 and 4 feet, the bundle costs Rs 1,000 each.
You may choose from their room stay packages if you opt to spend the night at the Shangrila Resort, specifically to make the most of your extended weekend. You may select between the AP Plan, which includes the stay, lunch, evening tea or coffee, supper and breakfast, and the EP Plan, which only covers the stay and the next morning’s breakfast. All of the rooms are air-conditioned.
The AP plan costs Rs 5,300 per night for their 18 A/C Deluxe Rooms, while the EP plan costs Rs 3,700 per night. For the AP plan and EP plan, respectively, the Exclusive Rooms price Rs 5,900 and Rs 4,300 per night.
The Family Room, which includes 8 single beds, is ideal for gatherings of friends or extended families. Each bed features a charging station and storage shelf. In the resort, there is just one Family Room, which costs Rs 13,899 for the AP plan and Rs 7,499 for the EP plan.
One suite room features a separate eating space and a swing that hangs from the ceiling outside the bedroom. The rate for this accommodation under the AP plan is Rs 6,500, while the fee under the EP plan is Rs 4,900. Three of the exclusive suite rooms have bathtubs. Their relative costs for the AP plan and EP plan are Rs 6,900 and Rs 5,300.
The Royal Prince Suites, which resemble furnished apartments with a separate drawing room, a couch set, and a swing that hangs from the ceiling, are also available in a few. For the AP and EP plans, the fees are Rs 9,099 and Rs 7,499, respectively.
All other room options, save the Family Room, have double beds to accommodate just two people. Regardless of the room type, an extra occupant above the age of 10 is subject to a fixed price of Rs 1,800 for the AP plan and Rs 1,000 for the EP plan.
However, the prices are subject to change, so please check the official website.
Shangrila Water Park: Activities
The Shangrila Water Park offers more than just splash pads and water slides. The resort offers a wide range of other amenities, including:
- Get a soothing massage at the Massage and Spa Centre to ease your tired and tight muscles, or bathe in the Jacuzzi tub to let the warm, bubbling water open your skin’s blocked pores and untangle your joints’ tension knots.
- Shangrila Water Park includes an air-conditioned conference space with a capacity for 75 to 100 people if you’re searching for a location to host your office’s team-building excursion, an off-site meeting, or a town hall. Whiteboards, flipcharts, markers, pencils, writing pads, collar microphones, and a podium are among the amenities that are offered without charge.
- The Private Party Hall or the Amphitheatre on the property are available for use for family gatherings including weddings, engagement parties, anniversaries, birthday parties, and reunions. Multiple floors of the grass-covered amphitheatre are reached via steps that are arranged in concentric rings.
- The Children’s Park is a great place for families with young children to take their children. The Kid’s Play Park has a merry-go-round with duck seats, swings, toy horses, a car rider (where even parents may sit with their children on vehicles that spin in different directions and rotate at a tremendous speed), a dinosaur, computer games, a bike rider, curved ladders, and more.
- You may play pool or assemble your friends or family for a round of card games if you don’t want to get wet but still want to pass the time.
- Shopaholics may visit the store and purchase a variety of items, including swimming gear, toys, and cosmetics.
- The Nescafe Coffee Corner, which is next to the water park, offers refreshments to coffee lovers. You may also order Maggi noodles as a snack as you sip your preferred beverage.
- You may unwind with a drink at the resort’s bar, the Pool Den, after spending the day splashing around in the pool.
- Fitness enthusiasts don’t have to skip workouts while on vacation. The resort’s gym offers cardio on treadmills, core strength training with exercise balls, and strength training with various dumbbell and bar weight sets.
- You may select from a variety of colourful slides of varied lengths and twists and turns, some of which are open and others of which are covered to form tubes or tunnels, making the experience exciting, if you just want to go on all the water slides that culminate in the enormous splash pool.
- The Shangrila Resort and Water Park has a wave pool called The Great Refresher where man-made waves are produced throughout the length of the pool to simulate the larger oceans. Due to ongoing filtering at the central filtration plant, the resort’s waters are safe.
- The artificial waterfall, where guests may bathe and even climb the stones on which the water flows down, is another thrilling element of the water park. Along the initial cascade of this waterfall, there is a guardrail.
- If you need a break from all the splashing, there are lounge seats scattered around the swimming pools.
- In addition to the water park, Shangrila includes an amusement park where you may enjoy the attractions while remaining dry. There are several different rides available for families with children, children exclusively, or adults only. Take a monorail trip to get a bird’s eye view of the whole Shangrila Resort and Water Park. Put your seat belts on and ride the enormous swings (whose angles shift from a central focus point).
- Kids will be able to appreciate the property’s grounds and take in all the flowers and various potted plants that are there. Parents may also show kids the many trees that grow on the Shangrila Resort grounds and educate them about them.
Shangrila Water Park: Places to visit nearby
Shangrila Water Park is located in the Mumbai suburb of Thane, which is close to several popular tourist destinations. Here are some of the top places to visit nearby:
A beautiful lake surrounded by gardens and jogging tracks, perfect for a peaceful stroll.
A series of ancient Buddhist rock-cut cave temples that offer a fascinating glimpse into the history and culture of the region.
Sanjay Gandhi National Park
A vast protected area that is home to diverse wildlife, including leopards, deer, and birds.
EsselWorld and Water Kingdom
A popular amusement park and water park that offer a wide range of rides and attractions for all ages.
Global Vipassana Pagoda
A massive meditation hall and Buddhist temple that features stunning architecture and serene surroundings.
A family-oriented amusement park with rides, a water park, and an outdoor adventure park.
A historic Portuguese fort that dates back to the 16th century and offers a glimpse into the region’s colonial past.
Shangrila Water Park: How to reach?
Shangrila Water Park can be reached via road, rail, air, and metro. Here are the various options for reaching Shangrila Water Park:
Shangrila Water Park is located on the Mumbai-Nashik Highway and is easily accessible by road. You can either take a taxi or drive to the park from Mumbai or other nearby cities.
The nearest railway station to Shangrila Water Park is Thane Railway Station, which is located about 15 km away. You may take a cab or a bus to go to the park from the station.
The nearest airport to Shangrila Water Park is the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport in Mumbai, which is located about 47 km away. From the airport, you can take a taxi or a bus to reach the park.
What are the operating hours of Shangrila Water Park?
The park is generally open from 10 am to 6 pm on all days of the week.
What are the entry fees for Shangrila Water Park?
The entry fees vary depending on the day of the week and the age of the visitor. You can check the official website or call the park for the latest pricing details.
Is there a dress code for the water park?
Yes, the park has a strict dress code for the water rides. Visitors are required to wear appropriate swimwear that is suitable for water activities. Wearing cotton or non-swimwear clothes is not allowed.
|Got any questions or point of view on our article? We would love to hear from you. Write to our Editor-in-Chief Jhumur Ghosh at email@example.com|