The Mumbai board of Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority (MHADA) will conduct the next MHADA lottery scheme for over 4,000 houses by January 2023, Indian Express reported.
Of these, 4,000 homes, 60% houses will be in the Pahadi Goregaon project; the remaining 40% will include housing units from redevelopment projects obtained by the Mumbai Repair and Redevelopment Board.
For the 2023 lottery, the board is also looking at increasing the earnest money deposit amount by 5-10% across categories, the report adds. At present, the deposit amount is Rs 5,000 for the EWS category, Rs 10,000 for the for LIG category, Rs 15,000 for the MIG category and Rs 20,000 for the HIG category.
See also: MHADA Pune Lottery 2022: Online application form, registration date and news
Recall here that the Mumbai board conducted the last MHADA lottery in 2018. Lottery schemes were put on hold due to the absence of affordable housing stock. To meet this shortage, MHADA is developing over 8,000 housing units in the Pahadi Goregaon area in phases.
This year, the lottery scheme was slated for Diwali, but it was postponed owing to MHADA opting for a new software. With the implementation of the new software, MHADA is also changing registration and the lucky draw process.
See also: MHADA lottery Aurangabad 2022: Online application form, registration date and news