The Delhi Development Authority (DDA) announced the launch of its online running Housing Scheme on September 12, 2022. The scheme, which was made live on the official DDA website, offers around 8,500 flats in LIG and EWS categories in the Narela locality of Delhi on a first, come, first serve basis. Residents can apply for these flats online.
The flats under the EWS category are available at a price range of Rs 7.91 lakh and Rs 12.42 lakh, whereas the LIG flats are available at a price range of Rs 18.10 lakh and Rs 22.80 lakh. According to a senior DDA official, the prices of these flats are the same as those offered under the DDA Housing scheme 2021.
Applicants can start the application process by clicking on the link provided on the DDA website. The booking amount is Rs 10,000 for an EWS flat and Rs 15,000 for a LIG flat.
To apply for the scheme, applicants must follow the process explained below:
- Visit the official DDA website http://www.dda.gov.in/ or http://www.eservices.dda.org.in/
- Click on the link provided for first come, first serve flats
- Choose the flat. It will be blocked for half an hour when applicants can make online payment
- If an applicant fails to complete the payment within this time slot, the flat will be opened for sale
- Interested applicants can apply for flats online and make the prescribed advance payment
- After this step, DDA will issue a demand note to the applicant. The allottees will be given three months to pay the full amount.
- After full payment is made, the possession letter is issued by DDA
As per a senior DDA official, the applicants will have the option to block the flat within a half an hour window to make the payment. The advantage of this housing scheme is that customers can book or reserve a flat immediately by making an online payment. Through this housing scheme, they can also avail of the benefits of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana under the credit-linked scheme.
A total of three towers with nearly 1,000 flats will be opened for booking in the first phase to ensure there is no scattered allotment. Once these flats are booked, flats in other locations will be included. The DDA flats put for sale in this scheme are those rejected in the previous housing schemes, the official said.
DDA has taken several measures for the development of Narela, such as improving the infrastructure, road widening works, and laying water supply lines in the area. The authority has also contributed to the development of the Rithala-Bawala-Narela metro corridor under fourth phase of Delhi Metro network. The locality will enjoy direct connectivity with the NHAI’s Urban Extension Road stretch.