The Motor Vehicles Department in Maharashtra is responsible for issuing driving licences and learner’s licences to citizens. In addition, it provides services such as vehicle registration, renewal of driving license, issuance of the international driving permit, etc. The Department offers all these services online through the Parivahan Sewa portal in Maharashtra.
Maharashtra Parivahan driving licence online application
Citizens can apply for a driving licence in Maharashtra through the Parivahan Sewa website, as explained below:
- The next screen shows the main page of the Motor Vehicles Department, Government of Maharashtra, with various services listed.
- Select the ‘Apply for Driving licence’ option.
- Read the instructions. Click on ‘Continue’ button to proceed to the next step.
- Fill in the applicant details, such as the learner’s licence number and date of birth. Upload all the documents to be submitted along with the application. Click on ‘Submit’.
- Applicants will now be taken to the payment gateway. Pay the fee through any preferred payment mode from the given options.
- The payment receipt and acknowledgement slip will be generated. Note the application number for future reference.
- Complete the Slot Booking for DL Test online.
- Visit the nearest RTO and carry all the supporting documents. If you have cleared the driving skill test, the driving licence will be sent within 30 days of the test.
- A valid learner’s licence
- Three passport-size photographs
Maharashtra Parivahan: Driving licence renewal online
Driving licence holders should apply for a DL renewal one year before the license expiry date or within one year after the expiry. Applicant must re-apply for the driving test.
- To apply for DL renewal, visit the parivahan.gov.in website. Choose ‘Maharashtra’ from the states in the dropdown list.
- Click on ‘Apply for DL renewal’. The next page will display instructions for application submission. Read the instructions and click on ‘Continue’. The page also shows the ‘Download Form 1A’ option. Click on the link to download the form.
- On the next page, enter the relevant details, including your driving licence number and date of birth. Submit the ‘Captcha’ code and click on ‘proceed’ to complete the process.
- Applicants will be required to upload documents. The slot booking for the driving licence test must be made only for the Additional Endorsement of Driving Licence (AEDL).
- Complete the fee payment procedure and check the status. A receipt will be generated.
- Expired driving licence (DL)
- Passport-size photograph
- Form 9
- Form 1 (self-declaration)/ Medical certificate Form 1A (if the applicant is aged above 40 years).
Parivahan Maharashtra application status
Applicants can also check their driving licence application status online through the Sarathi Parivahan Maharashtra portal.
- Go to the parivahan.gov.in website. Choose ‘Maharashtra’ from the states in the dropdown list.
- Click on the ‘Application Status’ option on the state transport department page that appears on the screen.
- Provide the application details in the fields, including your application number and date of birth. Submit the captcha code in the relevant box. Now, click on ‘Submit’.
- The application status will be visible on the screen.
Parivahan Maharashtra learning licence online application
Before applying for a permanent driving license, you must obtain the learner license (LL). The procedure is explained below:
- Go to the Maharashtra Motor Vehicles Department page on the Parivahan Sarathi website.
- Click on the ‘apply for learner’s licence’ option.
- Click on ‘Continue’ button after carefully reading the instructions.
- Choose the category and furnish details such as your name, date of birth, vehicle number, etc. Upload the required documents. Click on ‘submit’.
- Move to the payment gateway and pay the fee through one of the available payment modes. The payment receipt and acknowledgement slip will be generated.
Complete the online slot booking procedure and visit the RTO for the verification/ approval process.
Applicants using the Aadhaar authentication can apply for the LL test from their home or any location of their choice without the need to visit any RTO.
- Proof of address
- Proof of age
- Three passport-size photographs
- Medical certificate Form 1A
Parivahan Maharashtra: Fee structure
|Learner’s licence for each class of vehicle||Rs 151 + Rs 50 (test fee)|
|Permanent driving licence (all vehicles)||Rs 716|
|Renewal of driving licence||Rs 416|
|International driving permit (IDP)||Rs 1,000|
|DL renewal on the smart card after the expiry of the grace period||Rs 1,000|
What is the Maharashtra Parivahan helpline number?
Citizens can contact the Transport Commissioner Office on the number: 022-22614721 / 22. One can get the contact details of the RTOs from the official Motor Vehicles Department website.
How to download Form 1A?
Go to the Maharashtra Motor Vehicles Department’s official website. Click on ‘Information’ and go to ‘Forms’ to download the various forms.