If you are a Delhi resident and want to drive a vehicle, you must be aware of the driving licence application procedure. Residents of Delhi can access the Parivahan Sarathi Transport Department’s website and apply for driving licence-related services online.
Here is your guide to apply for a driving licence online through the Parivahan Delhi portal.
Parivahan Sarathi Delhi Transport Department online services
The Transport Department, under the Delhi Government, provides the following services online through the Sarathi Parivahan portal:
- Learning licence (LL) application.
- Driving licence (DL) application.
- Application for DL renewal.
- Application for duplicate DL.
- Change of address application.
- Application for international driving permit (IDP).
- DL extract.
Parivahan Delhi driving licence online application
Delhi citizens can visit the official website of the transport department, Government of NCT of Delhi and submit vehicle-related applications online.
Steps to apply for a DL online in Delhi:
- Click on the ‘Driving License related services’ option. You will be directed to the Sarathi Parivahan official website.
- Select the state ‘Delhi’ from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the ‘Apply for Driving Licence’ option.
- On the next page, read the instructions carefully and click on ‘continue’ button.
- A new screen will be displayed, where you must submit the required details such as the learner’s licence number, date of birth, vehicle number, category, etc.
- You will now be taken to the payment gateway. Pay the required fee using any of the given payment modes.
- The payment receipt and acknowledgement slip will be generated. Note, the application number for future reference.
- Download the forms as per instructions.
Go to the nearest RTO and submit the supporting documents. If you have cleared the driving skill test, you will receive the driving licence within 30 days of the test.
Parivahan Delhi application status
Sarathi Parivahan Delhi portal allows the applicants to check their driving licence application status online. The steps to track application status are given below:
- Visit the parivahan.gov.in website and select the state ‘Delhi’.
- You will be redirected to the state’s transport department page.
- Click on ‘Application Status’ option given on the top right corner of the page.
- Enter details in the given fields, such as the application number and date of birth. Enter the captcha code in the box and click on ‘Submit’.
- The application status will be displayed on the screen.
Parivahan Delhi: Eligibility and documents required to apply for a driving licence
- Three passport-size photographs
- Address proofs such as Aadhaar card, Ration Card, Voter’s ID or electricity bill.
- Age proofs such as Aadhaar card, passport, birth certificate or school leaving certificate.
Those who are 18 years and above are allowed to drive vehicles with a gear, whereas individuals in the 16-18 years age group are allowed to drive vehicles without gear below 50cc.
Eligibility for a permanent licence
- One should have a valid learner’s licence.
- Applicants must apply for a permanent license after 30 days and six months from the date of issue of a learner’s license.
- They should be aware of the vehicle systems, driving and traffic regulations.
- The minimum age of those applying for a commercial DL in Delhi is 20 years.
|Learner’s license for each class of vehicle (issued on paper)||Rs 200|
|Permanent driving license issued on smart card||Rs 200|
|International driving permit (on paper)||Rs 500|
|Renewal of smart card driving license||Rs 250|
|Driving test for each class of vehicle||Rs 50|
|Endorsement of a new class of vehicle on smart card driving license (DL)||Rs 200|
|DL renewal on the smart card after the expiry of the grace period||Rs 200. An additional penalty of Rs 50 per year or part thereof|
See also: All about UP Parivahan
Delhi Parivahan learning licence online application
One can apply for New Learner License (LL) that one should obtain before applying for a permanent driving licence.
- Visit the Parivahan Sarathi website. Select the state ‘Delhi’ from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the ‘apply for learner’s licence’ option.
- Read the instructions. Those applying using their Aadhaar numbers can take the test from their home or any location of their choice and get the e-Learner license instantly. On the other hand, those applying without Aadhaar can apply online but must visit MLO Mall Road Office and appear for the test in person.
- Click on ‘continue’.
- Select the category and submit necessary details such as name, date of birth, vehicle number, etc. Click on the ‘submit’ button.
Applicants will see the payment gateway on their screens, where they must pay the fee using a suitable payment mode. They will receive the payment receipt and acknowledgement slip.
How long is a learner’s license valid?
A learner’s license will be valid up to six months.
Will the learner’s license be valid outside Delhi?
The learner’s license is valid throughout India.