Each one of us desires to live in a home that is comfortable, calming and rejuvenates us. It is important to understand that the energy within a house, affects the people who occupy it. “One’s environment helps in building a foundation for a healthier mind and body and Vastu Shastra offers ways to create a healthier life,” says Nitien Parmar of VastuPlus. “If followed correctly, Vastu Shastra can help the home’s residents to become physically and mentally healthy,” Parmar adds. Here’s how to attract positive energy at home:
One of the simple Vastu tips for bringing positive energy in the home is allowing sunlight and fresh air inside the house and placing wind chimes or bells near the main entrance.
See also: Kitchen colour as per Vastu
Vastu tips for positive energy in home: Décor ideas
- Fresh air and sunlight aids positive energy at home. So, ensure that you keep the home’s windows open, for some time in the morning.
- According to Vastu principles, there should not be any dark corners at home. If any space does not have sufficient natural sunlight, ensure it has adequate artificial light. Switching on light at the appropriate time of day, can make the room appear brighter and more positive.
- Aquariums are akin to moving water and it is auspicious, when placed towards the north-east.
- Avoid having a tree, pole or pillar facing the main door. It is called a dwar vedh (door obstacle). Similarly, avoid having dead plants near the door.
- Keep the bathroom door closed. Always keep toilet lid down, when not in use. Ensure that there are no leaking taps at home. Use pleasant fresheners in the bathroom.
- Do not keep medicines in the kitchen.
- Switch off all electronic and Wi-Fi systems, while taking rest.
- Play soothing divine music or chanting of mantras at home, for some time in the morning.
- Ensure that the furniture edges are not sharp. Avoid excessive use of red, black and grey in the home’s décor.
- Avoid having split levels in the floor.
- Pictures at home should always be positive. Avoid photos depicting war, loneliness, poverty, etc. To generate positive energy, display pictures of nature.
- For a calming effect at home, light a diya, camphor or add soothing fragrance like sandalwood. Essential oils clear negative energy and enhance the positivity at home, with its lingering fragrance. Citronella and cinnamon are good for purifying the home.
- Burning a few bay leaves in a pot, cleanses out negative and harmful energy from the house.
- Do not keep trash at the entrance of your house.
- Avoid using broken cutlery.
- Dispose all those items that you haven’t been using for a long time.
- A puja room shouldn’t be made under the stairs or in the bedroom.
- Hang wind chimes or bells near the main entrance. According to Vastu Shastra, the sound of soothing music attracts prosperity and wealth at home. So, listen to shlokas, mantras and soothing flute sounds, for a few minutes daily.
- Consider having an indoor garden, where you can sit and soak in the fresh energy every morning. You can opt for bamboo plant or flowering plants or even a money plant, to start with.
- Avoid painting your main entrance door in black colour. Instead, opt for dark brown shades. The main door should open in a clockwise direction.
- Place all electronic appliances in the living room in the south-east direction.
See also: How to remove negative energy from home
- Hang paintings of a waterfall, a goldfish or a flowing river, according to Vastu, bring good luck and wealth. If you are looking for overseas career opportunities, place a painting of foreign currency, flying birds, racing bikes and cars. A peacock feather removes all types of negative energy, overcomes Vastu defects and brings positivity to your home. Keep it in the south-east, to attract wealth. Place a Ganesha statue and peacock feathers at the main entrance of the house, for happiness.
See also: Know about South east extended plot Vastu
- Laughing Buddha helps in removing negative aura from the home. According to Vastu, place the laughing Buddha statue in the east direction, if the main door of the house faces east. If the entrance faces the north-east, then, place it in the north-west direction.
- One of the vastu tips for positive energy at home is placing, wooden tortoises in the east or south-east corner.
See also: Tips for using crystal tortoise in home decor for positivity
- According to Vastu, clocks energise a direction. Therefore, make sure that all clocks in the house are in working condition. Remove all non-functional clocks, as it signifies delays or a stagnation in your finances. Place all clocks in the north or north-east direction
See also: Wall clock direction as per Vastu
- According to Vastu, feeding birds brings wealth and positive energy. You can keep a bird feeder in your yard, terrace or balcony and fill it with water and grains. Make sure you keep these vessels clean.
- Always keep your bed well organised for positive flow of energy. Make your bed every morning, keep your pillow and comforters in the proper place.
- Posters with inspirational quotes on the wall are few things that bring positive energy in home.
Also read about the lucky 7 horse painting
How to bring positive energy at home?
How to increase positive energy in home? Declutter the house
One can positive energy into a house, by decluttering and cleaning the space. Clutter creates stagnant energy and impedes the flow of positive energy. Avoid keeping chipped, cracked or broken things. Clean the cupboards and drawers and clear things that are no longer in use. If one has a bed box, clear out the space regularly and keep it organised. Keep the house clean and ensure that there are no cobwebs. Add few spoons of sea-salt to the water and mop the floor with it. It is believed that mopping the house with salt water, will reduce the effects of negative vibrations.
How to increase positive energy in home? Keep the windows open
Nature is the biggest gift as it heals us of all our problems including stress. A home with positive energy is a big stress buster and this can be done easily by simply keeping the windows of your house open. Let there be cross ventilation and the house get some clean fresh air.
How to increase positive energy in home? Paint your house
Colours are magical and a fresh coat of paint in your house can do magic in driving away the negative energy in the house and ushering in positive energy. It is recommended to paint your house according to the colours of Vastu to get increased positive energy in your home.
Bring positive energy in home: Main door Vastu
Here are some tips on how to create positive energy in home by applying Vastu rules for the main door.
Vastu principles improve a living space, according to the principles of harmony and energy flow. The main door of a house is the entry point for energy. “A door that opens outward pushes energy away from home. So, have the main door opening clockwise. Opportunities may be limited, if the door does not open fully. Ensure that the lobby near the main door is not dark. Good lighting stimulates positive flow of energy and promotes balance and harmony within the premise. Every house should have a threshold (umbra) on the floor, at door frame. It protects the house from external negative influences,” adds Parmar. Ensure that the home’s entryway is neat and tidy. Do not place shoe racks at the entrance, as the main entrance is the doorway to prosperity and positivity. A pot filled with water and flower petals, kept near the main door, is good as per Vastu. Water is a bad conductor of negative energy and thus, helps in creating a positive ambiance.
See also: Information on elephant showpiece Vastu
Attract positive energy in home with these Vastu remedies for common defects
- Place small portions of uncrushed sea salt, to absorb all the negative energy from the home. Also, you could mix a pinch of sea salt in the water that you use, to clean the floor.
- If you feel like your work is getting stuck or things are not happening as per your plan, keep two camphor balls or cubes at home and replace them when they shrivel up.
- If you suspect Vastu dosh, use wind chimes with six or eight hollow rods, as this enhances good energies.
- Hang a horseshoe with the ends pointing upwards, as this is believed to attract and contain all the good energies passing by. The main door is an ideal spot for attracting positive energy through these vastu items for home.
- Hanging photos of your family in the living room can foster strong relationships and bring positivity. Such pictures are signs of positive energy in home.
- Pleasant painting at the entrance of the bedroom is among the things to keep in bedroom for positive energy. Avoid placing aquariums in the room or mirrors that reflect the bed.
See also: Details about home aquarium and Vastu fish
According to Vastu experts, one can also attract positive vibes to enhance the health and well-being of the occupants, by simply arranging or correcting items in the surroundings. “If the bathroom is directly opposite to the kitchen, keep the door closed and use a Vastu energy partition on the door frame to separate these opposing energies and to block the negative energy,” says Parmar. “Mirrors bounce back energies. Hence, if the bed on which one sleeps, is in the line of the mirror, it is advisable to remove the mirror or to cover it, for better sleep. A tulsi plant is a must for the home, as it clears negative energy,” concludes Shah.
See also: Best direction to sleep
Vastu-compliant construction of house to increase positive energy in home
There is a strong connection between the energy of the house and the health of the occupants, maintains Rasesh H Shah, energy facilitator and Vastu expert. “Ancient architecture was all about proportions and planning the structure in a manner that it is always in sync with the magnetic field of the earth and harmony of colours. It is most important to commence the construction at the right moment (muhurat) and to use non-offensive building materials. Every built space has three types of energies – cosmic, earth and structural. To make the space positive and to ensure that all three are in harmony with each other, keep the centre of the space, which is called the Brahmasthan, free of any kind of structural violation. This will ensure that the flow of cosmic energy is balanced. Earth energy can be balanced by keeping the north-east corner lively. Structural energy can be harmonised, by ensuring that there is no clutter in the space,” advises Shah.
Also read Bhumi pujan muhurat in 2022, good day to start house construction
Can Vastu faults be rectified?
Yes, it is possible to rectify vastu-related faults. Sometimes, it may just take some minor alterations.
Are mirrors in bedrooms bad from a vastu point of view?
Mirrors bounce back energies which is why most experts will advise you to either remove the mirror or cover it while you sleep.
Does turmeric help in enhancing positive vibes at home?
Turmeric paste, according to Vastu, is used on the threshold of the house, as it attracts prosperity. To increase positive energy in the house, it is auspicious to make a swastika of kum kum and turmeric on the main entrance door, to shun negative vibes.
How is lemon beneficial according to Vastu Shastra?
Hang lemons and green chilli at the entrance of your house, office, or shop, to keep away the evil and negative energy.
(With inputs from Surbhi Gupta)