All the pretty home decorations throughout New York and New Jersey sometimes make us forget about the cold, cold weather we get each season! Tis the season for extra love, laughter, and bright sights to see, for colder or for warmer. This holiday season, we asked: What are some ways to get creative with winter holiday decorations such as Christmas and Hanukkah decorations? While we enjoyed reading all the ideas that came in, four people in particular sent in ideas that we thought you, our readers, would enjoy best. Read on for their ideas.
- The mini forest. Gather some clipped evergreen tree twigs. It would be best if you can manage to get the branches from different tree species. Arrange the clips in cups that will give off the effect of a mini forest. Cover them with cotton pieces for an extra snowy effect.
- Flashy ribbons. You can significantly improve the Christmas spirit in your home by simply tying some flashy ribbons on your pillows, making them look like presents. The same could be applied to any object, the use of which won’t be disturbed by the ribbons.
- Embellish framed pictures. Another classy way of approaching holiday decorations would be to embellish your framed pictures with some more pine twigs and red ornaments; this will add a fine touch to walls while keeping photos in their place.
- Silver cups and shiny ornaments. If you fill a beautiful silver cup with all kinds of shiny Christmas ornaments such as colorful balls and garlands and place it on a visible spot in the room it will act as an eye candy centerpiece.
For those who celebrate Christmas only
- Red, white, green, and yes, some yellow. Don’t forget that the prevailing colors of your decorations should always revolve around red, white, and green. If you are decorating your Christmas tree, yellow goes well with the greenery. Blue should be used with caution and in moderation.
Submitted by Deemer Cass from Fantastic Gardeners
- DIY painting. There are ton of
Submitted by our customer, Marisa S. from Howell, New Jersey.
out there with DIY winter holiday painting ideas. Since I have some type of painting talent, instead of copying YouTube videos to create a painting for my home, I got ideas from various photos I found on the web, but if you are new to painting, the videos are great! This painting took me about an hour to put together and adds a personal touch to my holiday decorating. I stuck it on my front door with 3M strips. Every month I change it out with a new painting. It has become fun!
- Old boxes made new. If you are doing a lot of online shopping like many people, you should have some extra boxes around your home. Take boxes that you would otherwise throwaway and wrap them in wrapping paper. Finish them off with some ribbon. Following, place them around your home for festive, budget-friendly decorations.
- Mini trees and decorations.Buy mini trees, battery light packs, and mini decorations to encourage your family to get creative by decorating their own personal tree for each of their bedrooms or offices. We do this at our office each year and it’s a fun way to kick off the holiday season and get everyone in a festive spirit! Dollar stores carry all the materials you will need to make this happen.
Submitted by Jen Salamandick, Strategy Director & Partner of.
Follow Kick Point:,
Have some of your own ideas? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know if we can add them to this blog post.